Sunday, December 05, 2004

Church for Sinners

I, being an atheist, have decided to start the all new Church of No God. It will be a way for other people who know that it is silly to believe in a mythological figure or some crazy guy who bummed around the middle east a couple thousand years ago to meet and talk about our beliefs, or lack there of. I know there are other like minded individuals like me who would like to hang out without having some kind of special other interest.
There will also be many other benefits of the Church of No God, one no early Sunday morning crap. I don't feel like getting up early and getting dressed nice, so I would hope once this gets off the ground to have sermons in a sensible place like a bar, or in front of the TV during a commercial break. Also no reading really old crappy writing, I plan on any written materials being delivered in comic book form.
I welcome any suggestions about how to setup my proposed non-religious institution, hopefully some day with tax-exempt status. Lets all come together and not pray for success.
I hope this doesn't truly upset anyone of dedicated faith who knows me because I really don't want to have to discuss it. Talking to religious people about why believing in a magical "creator" or a some guy whose followers claimed he was the son of god is silly really blows because Christian religion especially seems to be a very closed system with little opportunity for debate (excluding Unitarians of course). If you don't believe in things like evolution because of Jebus WAKE THE FUCK UP. And if you voted for Bush because of Christian religion please don't read my blog, since I imagine reading is probably pretty challenging for you and I wouldn't want you to take up a lot of your free time that could be devoted to hating people who are different from you. Oh, and I have nothing against Buddhists....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home